What to Bring:
- List of current medication, if applicable
- Dental insurance card, if applicable
- Previous X-rays and records or fax Authorization of Release of Information form from previous dental provider
- Please print and fill out the following forms:
- Authorization for Release of Information
- Consent for Treatment
- Consent for Use and Disclosure of Health Information
- Directions to Our Office
- Notice of Privacy Practices (read-only)
- TMJ Pain Questionnaire
- Acknowledgment of Receipt of Notice of Privacy Practices
What to Expect:
We will treat your child with respect. You may be present in the room for hygiene visits. Our hygienist will introduce your child to getting their teeth cleaned. Fluoride varnish will be applied to all teeth.
We begin recommending digital X-rays when a child reaches 7 years old. If there is a particular concern, an appropriate X-ray can be taken at an earlier age. Cavity-detecting X-rays are taken at age 7 to check between the back teeth. It is important to preserve baby teeth until nature tells us they are ready to be replaced with adult teeth. This occurs at any time from age 5 to 14. A baseline Panorex is recommended at age 8 to be certain all the adult tooth buds are forming correctly.
Your child will leave with a photo of them sitting in the chair and a bag of goodies and a selection from the prize basket. To learn more and set up your child’s next visit with our friendly dentist in Durham, North Carolina, call us today at 919-682-5327! Dr. Ellis K. List is looking forward to meeting your child.