As we continue to learn about the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we are accessing the situation and want to provide you with an update on changes being implemented at our office. This is an unprecedented situation, but the safety and health of our patients, our team and our families are our top priorities. This situation is serious, but we wanted to assure you that safety is our main concern and we take no chances. We also need to keep in mind that we have weathered other storms before and we will weather this one too.
We will continue to stay in close contact with appropriate health experts, the CDC and federal, state and local government guidelines on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus. As we go through this together, please know that our top commitments are:
- Your safety, and preventing the risk of transmission to you, other patients and to our team
- Protecting you and your families, especially patients who are at high-risk
- Maintaining emergency readiness for our patients
- Cleaning, Disinfecting, and Sterilizing
We can proudly share that up to date we have not had any incidences and the team has received the COVID vaccine. Our team has been following universal precautions for over 30 years, which means we treat each patient as if they were HIV positive, and these same procedures will kill the COVID-19 virus also. But we are taking additional cleaning and disinfecting protocols at all areas in our office, but especially for “high touch” areas like door knobs, counters, faucets and our operatories. All items used on each patient are either single use and then disposed of, or are sterilized, which kills every kind of bacteria and virus, including the coronavirus. Other protocols include:
- Screening and temperature taking for patients and all staff members.
- Pre-procedural rinse with hydrogen peroxide.
- The use of air purifiers in each room.
- In every operatory, work is done with the doors closed and our HVAC system has a system return in every room, allowing for a second filter.
- Cleaning and disinfecting each room includes fogging with hypochlorous acid which aids in sterilizing the air and surfaces.
- Patients are not scheduled back to back in the same rooms. In the case of patients coming for hygiene appointments, every operatory has therefore been empty for approximately an hour before the next patient is seated.
Our team will continue to serve you with the best care and keep your safety first.
We all have an important role to play in keeping everyone healthy and safe. We thank you for your understanding in this unprecedented time. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to reach out to us by phone, text, or email.
In this together,