In the case that a tooth is seriously damaged or decayed, a filling may not be sufficient to effectively restore the health and structure of the tooth. To return the tooth to good health and functionality, our dentist may recommend a restoration known as a dental crown. A crown, sometimes called a cap, is designed to entirely cover the damaged tooth. This restores the tooth to its original shape, size and structure. We can create your dental crown in Durham, North Carolina, from tooth-colored materials, such as porcelain, to match the natural shade of your teeth. This allows the restoration to blend in beautifully with the rest of your smile. Because crowns are very versatile restorations, Dr. Ellis K. List may recommend them to repair a number of dental conditions. They can also be used for aesthetic purposes. Our dentist may suggest a dental crown to restore your smile by:
- Covering a dental implant post
- Supporting a large dental filling if little tooth structure remains
- Strengthening a tooth that is fractured or otherwise weakened
- Attaching a bridge
- Enhancing the appearance of a noticeably darkened or stained tooth
- Improving the functionality and aesthetic of a misshapen tooth
We welcome you to contact our dental office at 919-682-5327 today to learn more about crowns and our other dental restoration options. We are eager to care for your smile!