For our patients who suffer from bruxism, we are pleased to provide custom-made night guards. A night guard is a specially made mouth guard used to treat teeth grinding in Durham, North Carolina. Many patients who suffer from bruxism (teeth grinding and clenching) unconsciously clench and grind their teeth while they sleep, leaving them unaware of the condition and unable to break the habit. While you may not knowingly grind and clench your teeth while you are awake, you may suffer from bruxism if you experience the following signs and symptoms:
- Frequent migraines and tension headaches
- Very worn-down, flattened, cracked or chipped teeth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Extremely worn tooth enamel, resulting in exposure of the inner layers of the tooth
- Chronic jaw pain and facial pain
- Pain when chewing and eating
A night guard treats bruxism by fitting over your teeth and preventing tooth grinding and clenching. Dr. Ellis K. List will make certain your custom night guard fits comfortably and effectively to treat the condition while allowing you to sleep peacefully through the night. If you suspect that you may suffer from bruxism, we encourage you to contact our office today by calling 919-682-5327 to learn more about night guards and schedule your visit with our knowledgeable dentist.