What to Bring:
- List of current medication, if applicable
- Dental insurance card, if applicable
- Previous X-rays and records or fax Authorization of Release of Information form from previous dental provider
- Please print and fill out the following forms:
- Authorization for Release of Information
- Consent for Treatment
- Consent for Use and Disclosure of Health Information
- Directions to Our Office
- Notice of Privacy Practices (read-only)
- Smile Analysis
- TMJ Pain Questionnaire
- Acknowledgment of Receipt of Notice of Privacy Practices
What to Expect:
We will treat you with respect. The first hour is spent with our hygienist, who will evaluate your gum health, review your home care and determine what type of cleaning is most appropriate for you. If your dental health is good, we will proceed with scaling and polishing your teeth.
Digital X-rays may be necessary. They help to detect conditions or disease not visible on visual examination only. A complete X-ray series or Panorex is recommended for adults every three years, alternating. These X-rays show the entire length of each tooth and the surrounding bone. The Panorex also shows the entire sinus and jawbone area. Cavity-detecting X-rays, or bitewings, are recommended annually to check between the back teeth. They are included as part of a complete X-ray series, too.
Dr. Ellis K. List will do a comprehensive examination to record all your dental conditions and diseases to assist in diagnosis of your dental health. We will read any X-rays taken at the visit. Digital photographs may be taken of your teeth and smile to document your current condition for a more visual examination. A treatment plan proposal will be available for you to take home.
For more information, please visit our services section and look at digital X-rays and dental exams and cleanings. Call our team today at 919-682-5327 to learn more about dental cleanings and exams in Durham, North Carolina, and schedule your next visit with our dentist, Dr. Ellis K. List.